Saturday, 3 August 2013

JULY SCAVENGER HUNT


BLACK
Picked up this wonderful product last week. I've wanted it ever since I saw Willie's Chocolate series a few years ago. Now I just need a recipe ....choccy mousse sounds good!




11
My gorgeous "superstar" daughter was no.11 in her school basketball team at a regional round robin tournament. Turns out it was her lucky number, they won 4 of their 5 games.




SOMETHING VERY OLD
My family bought this book titled "Universal Self Instructor" at a deceased estate auction for the Piggott family. It was presented to George Piggott on 12 November 1883!!












SOMETHING BRIGHT
Autumn leaves brightly coloured and ready to fall




COINS




TECHNOLOGY
The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology facade. The outer skin incorporates automated sun shading. The disks have been designed that they can be converted to solar panels and could one day power the whole building.








NUMBERS
The kids and resurrected the old Times Table Bingo. A bit young for them now but good practice!




WHEELS
Melbourne's public bike share scheme - docking stations 500 meters apart and spread across Melbourne Central (funded by the government).




THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Melbourne Botanic Gardens - very grand




SMILE
Cupcakes always make us smile, especially these made by the kids and I.




UMBRELLA
My beautiful Mum bought this delightful umbrella for my daughter. It's a lovely reminder of days gone by!




FEET
This stunning table in the National Gallery of Victoria has very artistic and gorgeous feet. Much nicer than a photo of my feet!




I have really enjoyed the challenge this month. It was nice to participate instead of just admiring everyone else. I really hope my blog works and that I get better and more creative. Need to get a camera other than my iPhone for more creative capacity. Thank you for organizing Made With Love!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in this months Scavenger hunt. You have a great group go photos, I like your take on technology and would love to be able to try your chocolate and I like your bright photo also. Can't wait to see what your photos are for next month. Greenthumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love for hosting!! I loved all of your photos and so much enjoy seeing what everyone has come with. It has been a great challenge and next months list looks equally as interesting. xx

      Delete
  2. A great collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, your collection were also amazing! I loved the collage of the Great Outdoors. I can understand why you couldn't just pick one, you live in such a beautiful corner of the world. xx

      Delete
  3. The smiley cupcakes look yummy! Love that umbrella, looks so pretty! Is this your first blog? Look forward to reading some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy, I am very grateful for your comment. Yes, this is my first blog. Wow a lot to learn!! I'm pleased you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  4. I really like your interpretation of the words and the explanation around them. My favourite is the cupcakes - I'm a cake girl! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I am most definitely a cake girl!! My cakes will probably feature often on my blog. Thank you so much for your comment, I look forward to dropping by your blog!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to blogland, loved your photos.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy!! I'm looking forward to more photo ideas in August!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful photos of your scavenger hunt! It is a pleasure to meet you and I wish you many wonderful times on blogland!
    Xo's,
    ShannonAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ShannonAnn, thank you for your lovely note about my first attempt at the photo scavenger hunt. It really has been a pleasure to join blogland and I look forward to working some more on my profile!

      Delete
  7. Great photos! The old book is a treasure... the inscription is fascinating from one George to another George. Wonder if it were father to son? Love to know the story behind old things! Hope you enjoy blogging! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, we share a love of old treasures!! I would love to fill a house with furniture and decoration pieces all with a wonderful history. Makes for a much more interesting house than lots of the modern. xx

      Delete
  8. The umbrella looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the prettiest thing Trish! Thank you for taking the time to look at my photos and comment. You have a lovely blog filled with lots of wonderful ideas I am keen to try!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. They sure were yummy! One of the simple pleasures in life that's always assured of putting a smile on your face! Love cake!

      Delete
  10. Hello. Love the glimpses of life in Melbourne and can't wait to see more. Claire :)

    ReplyDelete