Friday, 1 November 2013

Scavenger Hunt (October)

Here are my photos for the October Scavenger Hunt. I had fun with them again and thank Made With Love for once again hosting and giving us some challenging words. I hope I did the list justice.
 
Orange: This is predominantly an orange juice bar in the centre of Melbourne city. I loved the decoration of the front façade.
 
2: The number of the Scenic Route along the Yarra River.
 
Flower: This is a new variety of rose my Mum and I found! The perfection of a rose never ceases to amaze me.
 
Rubbish: Melbourne is very well known for alleys and laneways but it's usually for the cafes and eateries not the rubbish!
 
Emotion: This picture on a shop wall shows lots of emotions. Apologies for the slight reflection, it was through a window.
 
Flight: A wonderful view from the plane window on our last flight to Sydney.
 
Homemade: These are handmade knitted possum pouches I have been working on for Wildlife Victoria. They are the perfect size for rescued little possums and joeys.
 
 
Black and White: A hard time choosing so please forgive me for including two. My Son made his Communion this month. The group all dressed beautifully in their black and white.
 Some of my favourite liquorice allsorts from the show bag my husband bought me at the Melbourne Show.
 
Coffee Time: Enjoying a coffee at my favourite café, the iconic, Brunetti's in Lygon Street, Melbourne.
 
 
Balloon:  Some of the balloons we had up for Halloween. It's not celebrated very much in Australia however we had about 100 kids call by. Thank goodness I stocked up on lollies.
 
 
Weather Cock: This one held up my entire collection and I had to resort to photographing one in our local nursery. It really was a lovely one.
 
Fridge Magnet: We have one of the slightly ridiculous refrigerators built into the kitchen cupboard, so unfortunately no fridge magnets in our house. I did however purchase one of these to send to my relatives in Wales!
 
Like each day, each month comes with it's own challenges. May everyone's November be a good one.

Thank you for visiting, it really does make my day to read your comments.

If you would like to join in with November then following the link to November's list.
 
 

 

18 comments:

  1. Nice collection!I really like your flower and flight ones. As for the coffee, it reminded me that I haven't enjoyed one out of my house in a veeeery long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you get to enjoy one of life's little pleasures of sitting in a coffee shop daydreaming over a lovely hot coffee soon!

      Delete
  2. I really like both of your black and white images. Did the photographer manage to get all of the children looking the same way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. The photographer had to clear all the parents out so he had the kids undivided attention. We'll see how successful he was when we get our images! I kind of like the casual photos to as they have more personality and show the true chaos!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt, what a great group of photos. I really like your emotion, orange and homemade, I would have loved to be having a coffee with you miss our time together. Greenthumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss our coffees, I miss our classes, I miss our BBQs, I miss our shopping trips, I miss our lunches, I miss your garden, I miss your family but most of all I MISS YOU!

      Delete
  4. Great photos, MC! Wow! I loved both shots for black and white! The picture of the children was striking ~ and what a major event for your son. Your licorice all sorts made my mouth water. It's quite rare in Colorado, which is good because I have no control when I have some. Dad used to buy it for us as a treat when I was a child in Canada. Thanks for the memory ~ hee hee Memory Chain. I had never heard of possum pouches ~ but then we don't have many marsupials here.
    I'm not sure if that's a possum or a joey ~ but that photo is darling! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. It was lovely to hear about your memories of liquorice. The little one is a possum, isn't he a darling!

      Delete
  5. The possum is so cute and I love your rose. I have one of the magnets in your picture that I got when I was in Oz.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill, what a wonderful coincidence about the fridge magnet. Thank you for looking and commenting.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed your photos and interpretations. Orange was great and the baby animal was so cute! But I think my favourites were black and white, particularly the liquorice allsorts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Looking forward to having a go at Novembers list now.

      Delete
  7. Great collection of photos, I love orange and those possum pouches are brilliant, what a lovely thing to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Louise, I'm sure the little orphaned possums appreciate my efforts. I like to be doing something at night whilst I watch television (other than blogging of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific photos, Memory Chain and thanks so much for commenting on my post :) What a great idea to knit possum pouches. I bet you'd like to read Snowbird's blog ~ she volunteers in a wildlife refuge in the UK and looks after Herbie, a hedgehog with disabilities. That wall of oranges is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I will certainly check out Snowbird's blog. Thank you for making the suggestion.

      Delete
  10. Great photos, especially both the ones for black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weathercock held me up too! Great snaps for Orange and B&W. How cute are the possums.

    ReplyDelete